***Please note, you DO NOT have to be a Roachdale resident to participate in events**
2018 Book Club Books
The date shown is the date the book is discussed. Books are passed out one month prior to book discussion. They can be picked up at the monthly meetings or at the library during regular hours. We love having new members. Please contact us one month prior to the discussion if you would like to join so we are able to get enough books for each member. E-book versions are frequently available as well!
Reading Selection Discussion Date (6pm)
- Mrs. Lincoln’s Dressmaker Jennifer Chiaveini Feb. 8th
- The Obituary Writer Ann Hood March 8th
- All-Girl Filling Station’s Last Reunion Fannie Flagg April 12th
- The Kitchen House Kathleen Grissom May 10th
- The Territory Tricia Fields June 18th
- Cutting for Stone Abraham Verghese July 12th
- Cleopatra: A Life Stacy Schiff August 18th
- Longbourn Jo Baker September 13th
- The War Comes to Plum Street Bruce C. Smith October 11th
- Bless Me Ultima Rudolfo Anaya November 8th
- Christmas at the Harrington’s Melody Carlson December 13th
* As always – you do NOT have to be a resident of Roachdale or have a Roachdale Public Library card to participate in any events at the Library. However, if you have a Putnam County Library card OR are a student or staff member of North Putnam School Corp. you can get a Roachdale Public Library card ~ we’d love to be your library home! Just bring your Putnam County library card, or for students/staff, bring your student/staff school ID. (Harmony information such as a schedule or progress report showing the student name/school attended will also work.) Students must be accompanied by a parent with ID in order to obtain a card.